[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Benefits - Payment to Landlord

Paying Benefit to your Landlord

If you rent from a private landlord your Housing Benefit will normally be paid into your bank account and it will be your responsibility to pay your rent.

In some circumstances people are not in a position to take care of their own financial affairs. Rather than introduce a precise list of circumstances when payment could be made to the landlord, we have been given discretion in identifying such cases where direct to landlord payments would be more effective. Please follow the 'Safeguard Policy' link in 'Related Pages' for further details.

 If you feel this to be the case you can apply for your benefit to be paid direct to your Landlord.

go to 'apply for it' homepage

Contact us


0345 034 4569

Stour Valley and Poole Partnership
PO Box 722
BH15 2YE

Text (SMS) 
07781 472878

Text Relay 
18001 0345 045 4569