[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Gambling Premises licence

A Premises licence, issued under the Gambling act 2005, is required for any premises where an individual or company proposes to offer premises based gambling and are issued in respect of  specific premises.

Premises Licences are required for:

  • Casinos

  • Bingo Premises

Adult Gaming Centre premises Licences (enabling Category C gaming machines to be made available for use at the premises)

Betting Premises (enabling the provision of facilities for betting, by making or accepting bets or by acting as a betting intermediary)

Family Entertainment Centre (enabling Category C gaming machines to be made available for use at the premises.

 Back to top

An application for a Premises licence may be made by a person (which includes companies or partnerships):

Who have the right to occupy the premises; and

Who have an operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission, which allows him/her to carry out the proposed activity.

A premises licence can only authorise the use of the premises for one of the above types of activities, except in the case of a track.

An applicant for a premises licence must be over 18 years of age.

A fee is payable for the licence.

Back to top

Related pages


Contact us


01202 261700

Text Relay
18001 01202 261700

Environmental Services
Unit 1
Newfields Business Park
2 Stinsford Road
BH17 0NF