[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Premises Licence

What is a Premises Licence

This licence allows premises to be used for one or more licensable activities, as follows:

  • Sale or supply of alcohol
  • Performance of live music
  • A performance of dance
  • The performance of a play
  • Any playing of recorded music
  • An exhibition of film
  • Indoor sporting event
  • Boxing or wrestling entertainment
  • Sale of hot food or drinks between 11 pm and 5 am for consumption on or off the premises.
  • Any licensable activity taking place on private or public land will require a licence and this includes the sale of alcohol on pleasure boats.  

Definition of a Premises

Premises are defined as any place, inside or outside, and a vehicle or vessel of moveable structure.

Note: If the premises is not yet built or is undergoing major alterations you have the option of applying for a provisional statement first. 

Back to top

Designated Premises Supervisor

A Designated Premises Supervisor must hold a Personal Licence and is the person specified on the Premises Licence who is responsible for authorising the sale or supply of alcohol. This person must be readily identifiable and will normally be given day to day responsibility for running the premises. 

Back to top

Responsible Authorities

You need to send copies of your application to all the Responsible Authorities.

Note: For all copies sent to Environmental and Consumer Protection Services please clearly mark each envelope with LA2003.

Back to top 

How Do I Apply

Back to top

Further Information

If you require further information about the Licensing Act 2003 you can contact us by e-mail or telephone us and ask to speak to a licensing officer. Alternatively information is available on the Department for Culture Media and Sport Website.
Link to guidance on Age Restricted Sales

Back to top

Related pages

Contact us


01202 261700

Text Relay
18001 01202 261700

Environmental Services
Unit 1
Newfields Business Park
2 Stinsford Road
BH17 0NF