[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Energy Performance Certificates

Improving Energy Efficiency

Did you know that buildings produce approximately 42% of the UK’s carbon emissions? That’s almost twice that of cars and planes. The way a building is constructed, insulated, heated, ventilated and the type of fuel used, all contribute to its carbon emissions.

Back to top 

Energy Performance Certificates and Display Energy Certificates

The Energy Performance Certificate, or EPC,  is part of a series of measures being introduced across Europe to help cut buildings’ carbon emissions and tackle climate change.

Since 2008 all properties, i.e.

  • homes,

  • commercial buildings, and  

  • public buildings,

when sold, built, or rented, need to have an Energy Performance Certificate. 

Larger public buildings need to display a Display Energy Certificate (DEC). 

Guidance on Energy Performance Certificates:

Back to top 

Holiday Lets

It is the responsibility of the owner of a holiday let to ensure that the property has an Energy Performance Certificate.

Accredited Energy Assessors produce the EPC alongside an associated report, which suggests improvements, which may help to make the building more energy efficient.

Back to top 

Air Conditioning

Building owners and managers who control air conditioning systems have statutory obligations and duties of care in the operation and maintenance of air conditioning systems.

Further information is available at Air conditioning

Back to top 

Contact us


01202 261700

Text Relay
18001 01202 261700

Environmental & Consumer Protection Services,
Unit 1, New Fields Business Park,   Stinsford Road, Poole
BH17 0NF