[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Anti-Social Behaviour

Tackling Anti-Social Behaviour in Poole

The Borough of Poole works with our partners including Dorset Police Children’s Services, Poole Housing PartnershipAdult Social Care, Housing Associations, the Voluntary Sector and other Service Units in the council to prevent and tackle anti-social behaviour, whilst protecting and supporting victims.

Once accepted reports are investigated thoroughly, and victims are supported and protected, and whenever possible perpetrators are brought to justice.

The Safer Communities Team’s ASB Procedure is included on this page in draft format, but it does describe the way the team currently works.

What is anti-social behaviour?

We are determined to tackle anti-social behaviour and not allow it to get a grip in our communities and blight the lives of Poole residents.

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is any act that causes alarm, intimidation, distress or harassment to someone outside of the perpetrator’s immediate family or household.

It can include acts like:

  • vandalism
  • graffiti
  • verbal abuse
  • threats
  • bullying
  • drunken behaviour
  • intimidation and harassment

Anti-social behaviour is not:

  • children playing in the street or their own home and garden
  • young people gathering with their friends
  • neighbours throwing foliage/branches into your garden
  • being unable to park outside your house
  • boundary disputes

For more information consult our document Anti-Social Behaviour – When We Can Help

How to report anti-social behaviour:

The council’s Safer Communities Team does not operate a 24 hour responsive service for anti-social behaviour.
If it is an emergency, and someone’s safety or property is at risk, then call Dorset Police on 999.

If it is less urgent, you have other options:

  • contact the Police using Do It Online to report a crime or incident
  • call the Borough of Poole on 01202 633438 (during working hours) if you want to complain about an incident that has occurred and you need help or support, or you want us to investigate with our partners. If the offices are closed please leave a voice message and we will phone you back during office hours
  • if you want to report loud music or noise phone the out of hours service on 0800 506050, or daytime on 01202 261700 
  • fill in the "report it" form
  • contact Crimestoppers or 0800 555 111 to report crime anonymously

If your complaint of anti-social behaviour is accepted we promise to take your report seriously and to follow it up promptly and effectively keeping you informed of progress and to support you through the process.

Where to report other problems:

environmental: abandoned cars, dog fouling, fireworks, fly tipping, graffiti, high hedges, licensing issues, noise

Mediation Dorset and Relate Bournemouth both offer a community mediation service.

Back to top

Contact Details


01202 633438

Text Relay
18001 01202 633516

Housing and Community Services
Civic Centre Poole
BH15 2RU