[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

How you can help to tackle crime

Report Crimes

If incidents are not reported we cannot get a true picture of crime in Poole.

To contact the police when it isn't an emergency, call 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. Always dial 999 in an emergency - if a crime is in progress or life is in danger.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you can text Dorset Police on 07766 425243 (non-emergencies only). You can also use their Typetalk number: 18001 101. In an emergency, you can text Dorset Police on 80999. You will need to register for this service first at http://www.emergencysms.org.uk/.
You can download an easy read leaflet about reporting crime.


Voluntary Work

Would you like to get involved in a local group that helps to meet some of our aims? Please contact Poole Council of Voluntary Services, Volunteer Centre for details of voluntary groups in Poole on 01202 682046.

Tension Monitoring

The Safer Poole Partnership has produced a guide to monitoring community tension – described as “a state of community dynamics which may lead to disorder, threaten the peace and stability of communities, or raise the levels of fear and anxiety in the whole, or a part of, the local community” – to help partners to identify and report concerns.

The document lists common signs of community tension and gives details of how they should be reported. It also explains what happens to the information once it has been reported.

Download the guidance from the right-hand side of this page.

For more information, visit the Centre for Trust Peace and Social Relations.