[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Schools - Complaints Procedure


Making a complaint to your child's school

If your child has a problem at school you should be able to sort it out by talking to your child's teacher. If you can't resolve a problem through an informal discussion, your child's school will have a formal complaints procedure, which is available from the school office. 

For more information about Compliments, concerns, complaints for schools in Poole, please see our leaflet

  • If you're worried about your child's learning or welfare in school, your child's class teacher or head of year is the best person to talk to first.  If the teacher can't help with your concern, or you are not satisfied with their response, you can talk to the headteacher. You should be able to arrange a meeting or a telephone conversation with the headteacher through the school office. Failing this, you may wish to write to the headteacher.

  • If your complaint is about admissions, exclusion, or special educational needs, contact the Borough of Poole's Children Young People and Learning Services. Contact telephone numbers are in the leaflet

All School contact details are available via the Poole Family Information Directory.



Related pages


Contact us


01202 714740

Commissioning & Improvement - People Services
Borough of Poole
BH15 2RU