[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Animal Movement Licence

Why an Animal Movement licence is needed

In the aftermath of the Foot and Mouth outbreak in 2001 a rigorous regime of licensing which controls the movement of a range of animals has been introduced. The most common animals whose movements have to be licensed are sheep, pigs, cows and goats.

Back to top

Licence Conditions

The conditions which apply to these movements vary according to the type of animal, the destination and the type of trip. In addition, these conditions are constantly being altered and so it is important that you make yourself aware of the latest conditions when applying for a movement licence.

In certain conditions all that is necessary is for you to complete the licence and forward the copies as laid down. The licences can be obtained from your local DEFRA (Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs) office.     For Poole this is the South West Regional Office tel. 01392 266373 or email ahsouthwest@animalhealth.gsi.gov.uk

Back to top

Further Information

All the information regarding the conditions are available on the DEFRA website. This information is only a brief guide, for further information please email us.

Back to top

Related pages

Contact us

Email customer services

01202 261700

Report a problem