[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Housing advice

Our aim is to prevent you losing your accommodation or, to help you find a new home.

You should have tried to solve your own housing problems first and be able to tell us what you've done.

The earlier we know about your problem, the more we can do to help.

Contact us for housing advice. Please include a phone number so we can call you back. We may ring from a withheld number.

We will check that you have the documents you need and give you advice over the phone so you are ready for your appointment.

When you come for your appointment we will make an assessment on your housing situation.

This will take into account your finances and your personal and family needs.

After your appointment we will send you an advice summary, which will include;

  • the reasons for your appointment
  • your housing options
  • what your advisor will be doing to help you
  • your next steps
If you have been asked to give us information, you don't need to come to the Civic Centre to submit them.

You can go to any library in Poole and tell reception that you have some documents for your housing officer. They will help you to scan and email it to us.

If you have children under 5, you can also go to any of the Children’s Centres in Poole and send your documents from there.

If you have an emergency homeless situation outside of working hours please call 0800 506050.

If you wish to be considered for a council or housing association property you would need to be eligible to register online to join the Dorset Home Choice Housing Register for Poole.

In order to do this, you need to be able to establish a local connection and a recognised need for social housing under our Allocations Policy.

You can seek other social tenants looking to relocate at www.homeswapper.co.uk or www.exchangelocata.org.uk

View benefit calculators on GOV.UK

You can find a list of all Poole Housing Partnership sheltered housing schemes here, with the location and information about each scheme.

We would recommend seeking alternative private rented or available to purchase sheltered accommodation. You can find a comprehensive list of these at the Housing Care advice website here.

Contact us


Contact Us

01202 633804

Text Relay 
18001 01202 633804

Housing and Community Services
Civic Centre
BH15 2RU