[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Successful Closure Order Obtained

Borough of Poole has successfully obtained a closure order for a property at Sterte Court under the Anti-social behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014.

The order was obtained on 3 June 2015 closing the premises immediately to all persons for three months. 

Borough of Poole took action following complaints from neighbours about anti-social behaviour. Complaints included large numbers of people banging on doors, loitering in communal areas, blocking access in communal areas with bikes, spitting, vomiting and littering in communal areas and congregating at or near the premises. The tenant and visitors would also be aggressive and verbally abusive towards other residents. They would also bring dogs to the premises which were allowed to run loose intimidating other residents.

There were also reports of loud music, shouting, screaming and swearing within the premises.

The tenant was warned verbally and in writing by Poole Housing Partnership about conduct and being in breach of tenancy but no change was seen in their behaviour or that of their visitors.

Cllr Karen Rampton, Cabinet Portfolio Holder for Housing and Communities, Borough of Poole, said: "Fortunately, in Poole, we don't often see anti-social behaviour on this scale. Despite numerous attempts to engage with the tenant to tackle the issue, a resolution could not be found and therefore, as the property was in a block of flats, and with people visiting, it was important that quick action was taken. Thankfully we have these powers that enable us to take action as a last resort and we are pleased to have achieved the full closure order that was supported by other agencies including Dorset Police."

If you have been affected by anti-social behaviour, there are a number of ways to report it. If it is an emergency, and someone’s safety or property is at risk, please call Dorset Police on 999. 

If it is less urgent, you can: 
•call the Police non emergency number 101 (24 hour service) if you need a police officer to attend or visit, or to report a crime 
•call Borough of Poole on 01202 633438 (during working hours) if you want to complain about an incident that has occurred and you need help or support, or you want us to investigate with our partners
•report the incident online at poole.gov.uk using the 'report it' form 
•contact Crimestoppers or 0800 555 111 to report problems anonymously


There are no downloads associated with this page.