[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Change Of Use

Where a material change of use occurs a Building Regulations application should be made. These are where:

  • the building is used as a dwelling, hotel, boarding house, institution or public building where previously it was not, or,
  • the building contains a flat where previously it did not, or,
  • the building was previously exempt and will not be after the change, or 
  • a building containing at least one dwelling is converted to provide a greater or lesser number of dwellings than it did previously (the term dwelling includes a flat).

Other useful departments-

Planning, Environmental and Consumer Protection and Dorset Fire and Rescue Services

Contact us

Contact details


01202 633250

Text Relay
18001 01202 633250

Building Consultancy
Room 206
Civic Centre
BH15 2RU