[Skip to content]

Your Borough Of Poole

Building Materials - Licence

Building material on the highway

The highway must not normally be used for the storage of building material even for a short time. Such items should always be kept on private land wherever possible.

In exceptional circumstances, it may be necessary to use a part of the highway for this purpose. However this must be agreed with the Highway Authority in advance to agree permission.

Please email Transportation Services or call 01202 265255 for further advice.

Report building material or other obstructions on the highway

If you wish you can report building material or other obstructions on the highway.  It will help us if you can provide as much detail as possible such as:

  • Street name and adjacent property number
  • Details of the obstruction
  • Your name and contact number

Related pages


Contact us

Email customer services

01202 262000

Report a problem